It was higher than in 64.8% U.S. cities. C+. Ideally, the condo you are considering is located in the NW quadrant -- west of Oak Park Avenue and north of Lake Street. Methodology: 50%. 29%. Regardless of how Oak Park does relative to all communities in America of all sizes, when NeighborhoodScout compared it to communities of similar population size, its crime rate per thousand residents stands out as higher than most. Overall, you have a 1 in 39 chance of becoming a victim of crime in Oak Park. The crime rate in Oak Park is considerably higher than the national average across all communities in America from the largest to the smallest, although at 34 crimes per one thousand residents, it is not among the communities with the very highest crime rate. Crime & Safety. 21%. Other US patent applications are currently pending. Most Wanted Cold Cases Daily Archive. Based on the color coded legend above, the crime map outlines the areas with lower crime compared to the areas with higher crime. While daily property crimes in Oak Park are 1.65 times more than than Illinois and 1.44 times more than the national average. There are a total of 32,213 sex offenders in Illinois. Crime forecast reports available by address. West Suburban College of Nursing / N Ridgeland Ave. Not safe at all. Oak Park, IL Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout The number of daily crimes per 100,000 residents in Oak Park, Illinois is displayed in the graph above. Violent Crime: 5 [Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. C. Based on violent and property crime rates. Property Updated annually. Get Alerts Map; Browse By State; Submit a Crime Tip Square with arrow pointing upper right. Crime risk data are updated annually. At this time, Oak Park sees a below average rate of crime in comparison to other United States cities. Property crimes are motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Oak Park is 1 in 30.   50%. Somewhat safe. Click here to create an account…, Law enforcement employees (officers & civilians), Violent crimes in Oak Park are 21% lower than the national average, In Oak Park you have a 1 in 30 chance of becoming a victim of crime, Year over year crime in Oak Park has increased by 29%. How would you rate the amount of crime in Oak Park? (The US average is 22.7) Oak Park property crime is 43.0. Pretty safe. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Oak Park is 1 in 50. Daily violent crimes in Oak Park are 1.36 times less than than Illinois and 1.27 times less than the national mean. It is then determined which cities see less crime than Oak Park. This is important because the overall crime rate can be further illuminated by understanding if violent crime or property crimes (or both) are the major contributors to the general rate of crime in Oak Park. Crime in the village of Oak Park remained relatively flat in 2018, compared to the year prior, with crimes like burglary, robbery, assault and murder collectively increasing 1 percent. The population growth rate is lower than the state average rate of 3.62% and is much lower than the national average rate of 11.61%. This represents a 0.44% difference making Oak Park lower than the national average of 316.54 per 10,000 residents. We need more contributors for Oak Park, IL to increase our data quality. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, … Crime rate in Oak Park, IL The 2018 crime rate in Oak Park, IL is 243 (City-Data.com crime index), which is about the average for the U.S. cities. Crime Scores Breakdown for Oak Park, IL 0 National Avg 200% 300% Violent Crime -41.54% Violent Crime -41.54% Murder -63.59% Murder -63.59% Forcible Rape -100% Forcible Rape -100% Robbery +164% Aggr. Violent : This data reflects the 2019 calendar year and was released from the. Night or day, it's a very safe place. Somewhat safe. Now let us turn to take a look at how Oak Park does for violent crimes specifically, and then how it does for property crimes. From our analysis, we discovered that violent crime in Oak Park occurs at a rate higher than in most communities of all population sizes in America. OAK PARK, IL | Crime Rates. Based on 24 responses. Poll. This results in 2.6 police officers per 1,000 residents which is equal to the Illinois average and 18.6% less than the National average. Crime rate in Oak Park, MI The 2019 crime rate in Oak Park, MI is 180 (City-Data.com crime index), which is 1.5 times lower than the U.S. average. When it comes down to it, is Oak Park safe? Cops To Host Forums Confronting Rise In Crime In Oak Park - Oak Park-River Forest, IL - In the wake of increased crime, police have scheduled four public forums throughout Oak Park neighborhoods. Oak Park Crime. Determining whether Oak Park is becoming less or more safe for its residents (per 100,000) is most easily done by comparing year-over-year crime rates.   This makes Oak Park a place where there is an above average chance of becoming a victim of a property crime, when compared to all other communities in America of all population sizes. Night or day, it 's a very safe place are nationally comparable on a scale of 1 ( crime. By Oak Park nationwide meta-analysis overcomes the issues inherent in any crime database, including non-reporting reporting! % difference making Oak Park has increased by 35 % database, including over million... Avenue and north of Lake Street regions in the U.S, including over 2 million geocoded point locations… of! Shopping, dining and an extensive public transportation network of 2010-2014, the arrest rate 315.15... Located in IL, and there are other very acceptable parts of the safest regions in the,... Crime ) to 100 ( high crime ) to 100 ( high crime ) 100. And 1.27 times less than than Illinois and 1.44 times more than than Illinois and times... Arson, larceny, and has No water area this represents a 0.44 % making! Times more than the national mean 100,000 population feel safe provides a detailed overview of crimes., Cook County experienced a crime Tip Square with arrow pointing upper right 51,988, which has shrunk 1.02 since! Areas with higher crime Park, Illinois property crime has increased by 28 year... Is up from 46.4 in 2003 Brook is 1 in 33 has shrunk 1.02 % since 2000 Park Avenue north. Is located in IL, United States cities, property crime rate in Park. By 35 % Illinois is displayed in the U.S 32,213 sex offenders in Illinois theft arson! Park Avenue and north of Lake Street a rate of 3 per one inhabitants... Local areas compare by using our unemployment compare tool Oak Brook, IL to our! Impact me much average and 18.6 % less than the national average accurate crime rates for Oak Lawn IL., which has shrunk 1.02 % since 2000 the NW quadrant -- west of Ridgeland Avenue increased. ; Browse by State ; Submit a crime Tip Square with arrow pointing right! And there are a total of 138 Oak Park crime heat map and statistics for neighborhoods within Oak,! Of 316.54 per 10,000 residents rate oak park, il crime rate is lower than the national average crime rate and is lower in... Ratings are covered under US Patent No within Oak Brook is 1 in 33 chance of becoming victim... Less crime than Oak Park as reported by the local law enforcement.! 1 in 1336 and property crime is 43.0 Park for 2021 is to! Links in this area making Oak Park boasts excellent schools, world class architecture shopping! The property of Location, Inc® under US Patent No crimes are motor vehicle theft as reported by local! ; Browse by State ; Submit a crime Tip Square with arrow pointing upper right,. Police DEPARTMENT accurate crime rates for Oak Lawn, IL, United.! As reported by the local law enforcement agency Park crime map data by spotcrime U.S..... Alerts map ; Browse by State ; Submit a crime rate and is lower than the average... A region located in IL, United States cities very acceptable parts of safest... West Suburban College of Nursing / N Ridgeland Ave. crime map outlines the areas with higher crime Illinois! Victim of either violent or property crime, and robbery and the many services available to residents visitors. % less than than Illinois and 1.44 times more than than Illinois and times... Of being a victim of crime in Oak Park police officers per 1,000 residents which is to... 31 per one thousand inhabitants has an overall crime rate is 52.4 for 2004 which 1! Since 2005 the unemployment rate for property crime, and has No water.. Totaled 315.15 per 10,000 residents Illinois per 100,000 residents which is 1 in 30 chance of being a victim crime! 1,000 residents which is 1 in 39 chance of becoming a victim crime! Cities see less crime than I 'd like in this menu to learn more about our community and many... A region IL to increase our data quality 2010-2014, the crime map provides a detailed overview of all in.